Revenue cycle management (RCM) software automates and optimizes patient payments, estimates, claims, and contracts workflows for healthcare providers of all sizes and stages. These tools also automatically detect underpayments, verify patients' eligibility for health benefits, and estimate patient payments. Automation has proven to improve provider revenue, streamline workflows and relieve administrative staff workload for providers across the United States.
Adonis is one in a field of revenue cycle solution providers that provide comprehensive revenue cycle automation. As you research potential RCM software partners, review these Adonis alternatives to match your needs to market offers.
What Is Adonis and How Does It Optimize Provider Revenue Cycle?
Founded in 2022, Adonis offers tools for patient eligibility and prior authorization that aim to prevent downstream denials. It tracks and manages claim denials by payer and reason and provides the analytics and reports that help providers catch revenue shortfall issues in real-time.
The features and experience Adonis offers may or may not fit your organization’s needs. Some RCM solution providers serve a wide range of providers from small practices to hospital systems. Others focus on specific segments, developing products that aim to solve their unique challenges. Adonis sells its revenue cycle solutions to health systems, hospitals, private practices, digital health providers, and even other revenue cycle organizations.
Adonis unifies end-to-end RCM operations into one powerful view allowing providers to make the decisions that drive better revenue outcomes. Its Adonis Alerts lets you track and manage claim denials by payer and reason. With the data-backed insights and analysis Adonis provides, you can better:
- facilitate successful payer contract negotiations
- streamline revenue cycle management process
- improve the patient’s financial experience
- expand your operation should demand increase
Because it connects to your existing EHR, practice management software, and billing systems in real-time, onboarding proceeds smoothly, without additional staff burden.
List of Top Adonis Alternatives
- MD Clarity
- Change Healthcare
- R1 RCM
An Adonis Alternative With A Long Track Record
Established in 2010, MD Clarity is a pioneer in the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) software industry. Its extensive experience solving providers’ obstacles to revenue means it can provide robust custom software solutions to many providers, including ambulatory surgical centers, health systems, and managed service organizations.
MD Clarity's primary mission is to equip patients with the knowledge necessary to comprehend the financial consequences of their healthcare choices. At the same time, it advocates for fair remuneration for healthcare providers from health insurance companies. MD Clarity is dedicated to building a healthcare system where transparency and fairness ensure all participants thrive.
Over more than a decade, MDClarity has assisted 3,000+ facilities, 150,000+ providers, and 20,000,000+ patient encounters across the United States.
Features in common with Adonis
MD Clarity and Adonis both offer extensive revenue-optimizing tools. MD Clarity’s similar products are:
- Clarity Flow: While Adonis hasn’t yet isolated or named a distinct patient price estimator tool, MDClarity has engineered its product Clarity Flow which generates out-of-pocket cost estimates at a high level of accuracy. Its carefully crafted, custom patient cost estimate letters provide a convenient link so patients can make upfront deposits. With cash on the line, patients are reluctant to miss appointments. Fully custom and based on individual provider preferences, these patient cost estimates reach patients through text, email, or letter. All comply with the No Surprises Act as a good faith estimate solution (GFE).
- Contract Analytics: Both Adonis and MDClarity share your payer contracts’ actual performance (including underpayments) and can simulate how potential contract changes impact cash flow. Analytics reports also compile data from all payers. Many providers use these figures to renegotiate better terms when the contract is up for renewal.
- RevFind: As with patient price estimation, Adonis revenue recovery services have yet to be isolated and named. MD Clarity's RevFind tool:
- spots patterns of underpayment by insurance providers
- ensures your team is setting your chargemaster optimally
- assigns appeals and investigations to staff
Users review task statuses all in one place. First launched over 10 years ago, MDClarity’s engineers have been refining RevFind’s features to aggressively pursue all payer obligations so they conform with their contracts.
An Adonis alternative that features billing and coding services
Founded as Gateway EDI, TriZetto Provider Solutions was acquired by Cognizant in 2014. While TriZetto provides some RCM solutions, it focuses more on billing, coding, and credentialing services. At this time Adonis does not offer credentialing services, but it does have solutions for billing and coding.
Features TriZetto shares with Adonis
Like Adonis, TriZetto aims to streamline medical practice management. TriZetto solutions include:
- Claims management: Like Adonis, Trizetto Provider Solutions securely send claims transactions, simplifying these claims, and reducing rejection rates.
- Patient engagement: Adonis asserts that their aim to demystify billing and medical expenses will win patient engagement, but that it also continues to develop tools to enhance this aspect of practice success. Trizetto proactively engineers patient relationships by verifying eligibility, finding insurance coverage, streamlining prior authorizations, creating patient pay estimates, and establishing payment options.
- Denials management: Adonis asserts that, with payer denials up year over year, providers must take proactive steps to appeal denials. After all, industry insiders share that 50 to 65 percent of all denied claims never get reworked. Both Adonis and Trizetto Provider Solutions prioritized appealing denied claims.
- Contract management: Where Trizetto has a built-out contract management tool, Adonis has yet to tackle the underpayments and contract updates involved in proactive contract management.
- Billing and Coding: Adonis and Trizetto both provide coding and billing solutions that streamline and speed revenue recovery.
- Credentialling: At this time, Trizetto provides an end-to-end solution for provider credentialing. It speeds compliance so payers reimburse your services as soon as possible. Adonis has yet to tackle credentialing.
- Analytics: Both Adonis and Trizetto provide the analytics that helps providers seize revenue capture and growth opportunities. Increased visibility into your revenue cycle improves your overall performance.
TriZetto has an average rating of 4.3/5 stars on G2. Adonis has not yet accrued enough reviews to publish ratings.
An API-forward Adonis competitor
One of the largest healthcare software and services providers, Change Healthcare has acquired and merged with several other entities over the past decade. Most recently, in 2017, it merged with McKesson Technology Solutions to provide revenue cycle, payment management, and health information exchange solutions that optimize the operations of value-based healthcare systems.
Change Features Shared with Adonis
Change Healthcare and Adonis share some features. Like Adonis, some Change features are in the form of APIs which help companies avoid data silos and improve interoperability. However, some companies avoid APIs due to security concerns such as SQL injection attacks.
Change features shared with Adonis include:
- Healthcare application programming interfaces (APIs): With API-based systems, you can work with your software provider to create unique applications to integrate with your existing software system. Many find this provides a better user experience as well as increased functionality. APIs help you manage and consolidate transactions by consolidating benefits verification, eligibility, claims submission, processing, and payments
- Reimbursement solutions: Both Change and Adonis provide solutions that help you track and manage claims and denials by payer and reason. Data analysis functions help you identify potential denial triggers before you submit. Streamlining the revenue cycle speeds up claims submission and payment receipt.
- Data access APIs: With these tools, you can better manage risk adjustments, improve Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) scores, and increase accurate payments.
Change Healthcare has a score of 3.8/5 stars on G2.
An Adonis Health alternative that is known for its claims clearinghouse
Initially founded as Accretive Health, the company re-branded as R1 RCM in 2017. Based in Salt Lake City, R1 RCM is one of the largest revenue cycle solution companies in the United States. It serves hospitals and healthcare systems.
Features in common with Adonis
R1 shares some features with Adonis. These include:
- End-to-End Revenue Cycle: While Adonis offers only software, R1’s software can be supported by a digital workforce that partners with provider staff to carry out revenue cycle tasks like scheduling, intake, insurance verification, billing, denials, accounts receivable, and more. R1 leverages robotic process automation (RPA) and machine learning (ML) to find and correct revenue leakage and staff errors, as well as reduce days in A/R, denials, and underpayments. R1 RCM uses AI-powered analytics solutions to identify and resolve payment-related issues in real-time.
- Patient Experience: While Adonis bundles its patient pay estimate features into its end-to-end revenue cycle services, R1’s EntriPay does not include pay estimates at all. Instead, R1’s patient experience tool bundles clearance, scheduling, registration, intake, and payment into one tool that streamlines patient information in a digital self-service platform called EntriPay.
- Claim Management: Where R1 brings experienced coders to your claims projects, Adonis supports your claims team by discovering which claims platforms you may already have or implementing an appropriate solution. With proactive claims management, you prevent denials, automate claim monitoring, and simplify attachments.
An Adonis alternative that provides outsourced RCM consulting
Founded in 2013, TruBridge primarily serves rural and community hospitals, providing software solutions that can help facilities manage their revenue cycle, coding and compliance, and patient engagement. In contrast, Adonis focuses on larger healthcare systems, including academic medical centers and regional hospital networks. The company provides both consulting services and software solutions.
Features similar to those of Adonis
While TruBridge and Adonis share the goal of improving healthcare workflows, they differ in several important ways.
TruBridge has some features in common with Adonis. These are:
- Revenue Cycle Management - Like Adonis, TruBridge's flagship product is its revenue cycle management software. Both provide real-time data analysis and revenue cycle performance tools that provide revenue cycle insights, optimize billing, and relieve workloads.
- Patient Pay Estimates (PLEs): TruBridge calls its Good Faith Estimate tool Patient Liability Estimates. By providing patients with their estimated expenses before service, TruBridge's PLEs maximize point-of-service collections and reduce bad debt. Patients avoid surprise bills, and you improve cash flow, reduce no-shows, and avoid the write-offs that degrade EBITDA integrity. Good Faith Estimates are an integral part of Adonis services, but the company hasn’t isolated or named this feature yet.
- Claim Scrubbing and Submission: This product identifies anything that needs changed on a claim, alleviating staff labor. It’s established a 97% first-pass clean claim rate according to TruBridge.
- Denial and Audit Management: This solution hunts and flags denied and audited claims across departments. This system gets you paid faster, drives productivity, and minimizes tedious tasks.
- Contract Management: Recover underpayments and stay current with contract changes with TruBridge’s contract management tool. This tool also helps you avoid random contract audits while still ensuring accurate reimbursement. Adonis Underpayments, on the other hand, focuses on underpayments and automates the appeal process.
TruBridge has a rating of 3.4/5 on G2.
An Adonis alternative that specializes in behavioral health centers
Established in 2009, AZZLY is headquartered in Orlando, Florida. The company provides an integrated, cloud-based solution for behavioral health and addiction treatment providers to streamline their revenue cycle management processes, practice management, and electronic health records.
AZZLY's features include:
- EHR/RCM Software for Real-Time Data & Analytics: Where the Adonis system integrates into your current EHR, AZZLY offers a “dual” system that combines EHR with RCM. Its analytics engine can be configured to limit access.
- Patient Pay Estimates: Adonis currently offers patient pay estimates. AZZLY’s patient pay estimate page, under “patient engagement,” has yet to be built out, stating “more info coming soon!”
- eBilling & Claims: AZZLY combines its billing with revenue cycle tools to streamline the submission and tracking of electronic bills and insurance claims. In addition to autopopulating claims, it contains a Utilization Review Alert Report, an A/R Billings Report, and a Financial Report. These tools ensure you manage billing processes, monitor claim status, and limit errors. Additionally, it ensures timely reimbursements by facilitating faster claim submissions and flagging any errors. Its first-time pass rate is 98%. With Adonis end-to-end billing services, you are assigned a US-based biller based on their experience, expertise, and your specialty.
- Auto-Claims: This automated feature reduces the time it takes billers to submit claims by 75%. Leveraging provided patient information, the system speeds claims process and limits errors, leading to faster reimbursements and fewer denials.
Azzly has 3.9/5 stars on Capterra.
An Adonis competitor that specializes in physical therapists
Physical, occupational, and speech therapists get their EHR and RCM tailored to their specialty with StrataPT. Founded in 2010, the company boasts robust practice management software and a full-service billing team that helps practices and providers optimize revenue.
Features in common with Adonis
In the same way that Azzly combines behavioral health providers' EHR systems with RCM tools, StrataPT provides the same comprehensive solutions for physical therapists. Its features in common with Adonis include:
- Patient statement clarity and online bill pay features: These features create real-time balance alerts for clients, giving them simple ways to review and pay invoices via email or text.
- Automated Medicare eligibility: This feature feeds patient Medicare eligibility into your EHR so you don't have to log into Medicare's portal.
- StrataPT's insurance credentialing service: This service carries out paper analyses for the market in your area. It also submits payer applications and conducts weekly follow-ups with payers, ceasing when you receive approval letters.
An Adonis Health alternative for dentists
Founded in 1985, Dentrix Dental Systems was acquired by medical and dental supplier Henry Schein, Inc. in 1997. As the first practice management system for Windows (1989) and the first to win approval for Windows 98, Dentrix has a long track record of helping dentists streamline operations and optimize revenues.
Unlike the other Adonis competitors, Dentrix limits its client base to dental practices. Dentists find value in Dentrix’s capability to connect financial and clinical into one workflow.
Dentrix’s features include:
- Billing and collection tools: Dentrix’s billing tools are engineered to accelerate payment collection, manage debit and credit card payments, collect payments faster, and create and send billing statements. They also let you track patient eligibility and insurance claims.
- Clinical tools: Given the number of 2D and 3D images involved with treating dental patients, dentists appreciate that they can access these without leaving Dentrix. The centralized hub also contains all patient information. Dentists have the flexibility to record, store, and view data either numerically or graphically.
See for yourself how the competition stacks up
If you want a solution like Adonis but with a proven performance history, consider MD Clarity. Providing revenue cycle management software since 2010, we have worked far more revenue cycles with many more providers than newcomers like Adonis. Dedicated to healthcare transparency for all, MD Clarity's products enrich the patient experience and your bottom line. Our products automate patient cost estimates, contract optimization, and payer underpayment detection, all in one place. MD Clarity's Clarity Flow, Contract Analytics, and RevFind provide all of the same features Adonis offers and more.
Interested in seeing firsthand how MD Clarity stacks against Adonis? Book a personalized demo today.