MD Clarity Careers
Open Career Opportunities
Apply online directly through ZipRecruiter. A link to the application can be found within the job description.
MD Clarity is used by healthcare providers that impact hundreds of thousands of patient visits annually. This is an opportunity to be part of a product team that is scaling up to address a growing user-base and an increased focus on the healthcare consumer experience. Our team is passionate about solving the complex problems in Healthcare and providing all members of our company an opportunity to make a lasting, meaningful impact through their work. We strive to foster a team environment which encourages rapid innovation, autonomy, taking risks, and having fun along the way.
- Continual analysis and quality control of customers platform to ensure the MD Clarity product is functioning correctly and meeting customer expectations
- Create and implement plan for continuous monitoring of MD Clarity system performance to optimize processing time for client:
- Responsible for processing data between client builds and MD Clarity (visits, accounts, batch eligibility, etc)
- Troubleshoot issues that occur and search for patterns in order to identify potential processing gains to expedite processing routines
- Become the resident expert on data connections between clients and MD Clarity systems
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT contacts of MD Clarity Clients
- Perform routine and comprehensive quality control procedures on MD Clarity client installations:
- Develop standardized analyses to better understand client data quality and configuration; Responsible for ongoing management of analysis, reporting and proactive communication between internal and client teams
- Proactive reviews and maintenance of customer configurations to help identify potential opportunities
- Provide routine analysis on payor contract performance, identifying payment patterns inconsistent with MD Clarity calculations; Work in conjunction with customer success team to communicate outcomes to clients
- Proactively analyze eligibility transaction errors to determine trends and communicate outcomes to MD Clarity vendors and internal development teams
- Proactive management of MD Clarity internal error reports to improve data quality for our clients to optimize their systems
- Analyze complex customer support issues to uncover trends and turn them into actionable insights for the product development pipeline
- Facilitate proactive communication between Customer Success and Product Management teams
- Maintain timely and professional follow-up on open issues, through both phone and email
- Prioritize inquiries from key stakeholders and assist with project-specific tasks and reporting
- Communicate regularly and effectively with key client stakeholders to ensure MD Clarity product performance meets expectations; Work in conjunction with Customer Success team to provide analysis to clients
- Provide monthly reporting to internal stakeholders on product performance, trends, and gaps found
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Technical product knowledge and expertise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide actionable suggestions to internal teams based on knowledge gained throughout support process
- Ability to identify the root cause of a problem and provide an effective solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to self-motivate
- Rigorous attention to detail and commitment to quality control
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Flexibility to adapt to changing project requirements and timetables
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple, projects in diverse areas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any general Engineering field (e.g. Industrial Engineering)
- Two years’ experience working as an analyst for a sales, product, or consulting team
- Experience working with SQL and writing queries to generate reports, analyze patterns, etc.
- Experience in the healthcare field, specifically working with healthcare clinical or financial data
- Can exhibit an understanding of how data-driven systems work…we’ll ask a lot of questions here!
- Experience with .NET framework or C# a bonus
Generally, there are a couple paths of progression from this role. Either into Product Management, Account Management, or Engineering. Depends on what you like and have a knack for as you learn and grow. Plenty of people in MD Clarity have carved out roles for themselves that evolved organically from new challenges that needed to be solved.
We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer in Test (SDET) to own the overall software quality of MD Clarity’s line of products and to focus on establishing an automated QA pipeline. The selected candidate will be responsible for optimizing QA processes to reduce risk, improve efficiency in product development, deployment and sustainment, advance team capabilities in test automation, tooling and emerging QA methodologies.
The Lead SDET will work directly with the development team, director of engineering, and CTO to enforce and design QA best practices.
- Develop deep understanding of the MD Clarity software, its purpose, features, functions and usage
- Develop a QA program for a growing healthcare SaaS company, including automated technology, test cases, standards and process
- Serve as a working manager as the QA program is developed and implemented
- Assist in recruiting for additional QA team members, as business growth dictates
- Serve as liaison between development, support, and client services throughout the QA process, explaining current status, risks, and dependencies
- Manage the QA of new features and bug fixes using proven QA processes and building automation of QA processes where applicable
- Work hands-on to perform QA functions as a part of the software development lifecycle
- Propose solutions to issues identified through QA process in order to improve the overall software development and QA process for our organization
- Work closely with the development team to recognize best practices in software development to facilitate an efficient and effective QA process
- Set up measurement and reporting of QA processes to demonstrate effectiveness of the QA program
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards and the product development cycle, including Test Automation, Test Design, Test Execution analysis & Reporting
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to translate technical concepts to internal and external customers effectively
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Demonstrated experience developing high-quality test plans
- Experience building and managing a QA team
- Proven people management skills
- Proven ability to hire and grow talented test engineers
- Experience shipping 2+ products
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented language such as C# and Java
- Strong SQL database skills – Ability to write and test complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience with big data product development or testing
- Experience with developing and/or testing web based applications/services in .NET
- Experience in healthcare information technology industry
- Experience with web automation framework such as Selenium
- BS Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in overall software QA/test experience
You will lead the design and implementation of new applications and features that enhance a patient’s healthcare experience, including making it easier to pay bills, understand cost, and share information with their doctors. You will also work on projects that enhance the efficiency of clinical and administrative staff at healthcare provider organizations so they can optimize the patient experience, better measure the effectiveness of their workflow, and reduce the cost of delivering healthcare.
You will work directly with the CTO and Product Management team of MD Clarity to plan, design, prioritize, execute, and deploy new features and applications to our clients. This is an opportunity to be part of a product team that is scaling up to meet the demands of a growing customer base.
EXAMPLE AREAS OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Participating in design and problem-solving sessions related to our product roadmap and feedback received from our client services and support teams, and customers.
- Lead the design and implementation of software features
- Design and implementation of data interfaces (REST APIs) with external healthcare systems related to clinical, financial, quality, and patient data
- Design and implementation of features related to payment transactions and how patients experience paying for medical costs.
- Design and implementation of mobile-based consumer/patient-facing applications that enhance the healthcare experience for patients.
- Design data architecture to support new applications and features
- Work on improving tools to monitor stability and performance of our platform, and troubleshoot exceptions related to daily user activity.
- Participate in R&D activities to explore new technologies to optimize solutions to existing problems we address with our product
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: BS/BE/MS in software engineering, information systems, computer science, or related field
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in software product development
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- High proficiency in SQL and database systems (firm understanding of relational database design)
- Experience working with large data sets
- High proficiency working with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java)
- Experience in designing large-scale enterprise systems
- Preferred: experience with Microsoft technology stack (.NET, C#, SQL Server)
- Preferred: experience working with mobile development frameworks
- Preferred: experience designing REST APIs
- Preferred: experience working with healthcare data, systems, or generally exposure to the healthcare domain